Welcome to Benson University Center!
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Click here for Food Court hours
Benson University Center features everything from large multipurpose spaces to small conference rooms, as well as reservable public areas such as galleries and lounges. It is home to a food court, Mail Services, Pugh Auditorium, meeting spaces, Copy Center, student organizations, and several student-facing administrative offices. With lounges on the first, third, and fourth floors, Benson is a popular space for students to eat, meet with classmates, study, and socialize with friends.
Benson offers a wide variety of dining options on the second floor.
- Shorty’s is a favorite dining and gathering place for the Wake Forest community. It is known for its delicious tavern menu, featuring a wide variety of hamburgers, big-screen TVs, and fun trivia nights!
- La Sabrosa features a Latin-inspired menu offering build-your-own bowls, burritos, and salads. This convenient, balanced meal option is perfect for students on the go.
- Bento Sushi offers Asian favorites including sushi, poke, ramen, donburi, udon, spring rolls, and bento boxes. Quality, consistency, and great value are at the core of every meal Bento produces.
- Chick-fil-A provides delicious options off of their famous menu. From fresh waffle fries to the signature chicken sandwich, they have your favorites.
- Forest Greens offers a healthy fast food alternative. Build your own salad and/or sandwiches along with fresh soups available daily. Or try Sambazon Acai bowls loaded with fresh fruit and toppings!
- 336 Market is a convenience store for fast grab-and-go options including locally featured snacks, with fresh fruit, coffee to go, Updog Kombucha on tap, and all your dorm room essentials.
Benson University Center offers a variety of areas for students to comfortably relax and study. The first, second, third, and fourth floors offer lounge areas with comfortable seating, as well as more traditional tables and chairs to cater to your preference.
Student Union Collection of Contemporary Art
Established in 1962, this collection is unusual in that it was conceived by students, selected by student committees, and purchased entirely with University funds. Every four years since the first New York buying trip in 1963, a small group of students, under the direction of an Art Department faculty member, have researched contemporary artists and the contemporary art market and purchased new artworks for the Wake Forest Art Collection. Included are paintings, prints, drawings, photography, and sculpture by such notable artists as Jasper Johns, Louise Nevelson, Alex Katz, Robert Colescott, Glenn Ligon, Kiki Smith, and Shirin Neshat. The Mark H. Reece Collection of Student-Acquired Contemporary Art is now the University’s premier collection, numbering nearly 200 artworks by over one hundred different artists. This program is the first of its kind at a university.
Benson is always offering events for everyone in the WFU community! Below are some snapshots of upcoming events. Click here for more information or to explore the full calendar.
- View on site | Email this event
- Earth Talks is an annual series of short, student-led presentations that are focused on sustainability topics. Each talk is led by a Wake Forest student or group of students who are eager to share their […]
- How Health and Academics Go Hand in Hand presented by CLASS Academic Coaches. Food provided. View on site | Email this event
Enhancing and improving connections and well-being throughout the WFU community is an exciting part of our cooperative work on campus.
Campus Programs and Services engaged with the nation’s leading park and public space expert Dan Biederman, who transformed Manhattan’s Bryant Park, to develop centers of student engagement throughout campus. Through this initiative, Wake Forest University has provided an outdoor classroom, an al fresco café, outdoor furniture, a calendar of recreational activities, hangout spaces, and much more.
Mail Services, located on the first floor of the Benson University Center, provides incoming and outgoing mail and shipping operations for the University community. This includes providing:
- A full array of services from USPS, UPS, and FedEx
- Mailing supplies and package preparation services
- Student mailboxes, which are also located within the Mail Services’ facility
The Mail service is located on the first floor of Benson University Center and is open 8:00 am – 5:00 pm on weekdays and from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm on weekends during the academic year.
|Campus Life Communications & Marketing
|Office of the Chaplain (Benson)
|Office of Civic & Community Engagement
|Office of the Dean of Students
|Office of Student Engagement
|Student Organization and Finance Office (SOFO)
|332 and 333
|The Old Gold & Black Student Newspaper
Campus Programs & Services Administrative Office:
Phone: (336) 758-4869
Fax: (333) 758-4883
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Benson University Center Room 139
(Office of the Dean of Students)