To review reservation policies for The Barn, please visit the Barn website.
To review reservation policies for The Barn, please visit the Barn website.
To review Benson Center reservation policies, please visit this page.
No amplification of sound, including recorded music, sound checks, microphones and bull horns is allowed on Manchester Plaza or Hearn Plaza prior to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
After your reservation is confirmed, if you need any special facilities assistance with your event (trash cans, electrical power, sand, etc.), a work order must be submitted to Facilities & Campus Services. Reservation staff is not responsible for requesting this type of assistance.
If you will be using Manchester Plaza, Benson Terrace or Reynolda Patio, do not attempt to move the furniture or large flower pots yourself. You must submit a work order as described above.
If you need to construct a stage (there is already a concrete stage area on Manchester Plaza) a suggested vendor is Hauser Rental, 760-5500.
Depending on the size of your event, you may be required to have security during that time. Contact Student Engagement at 336-758-7168 or email email@example.com to determine what your security requirements will be.
Reynolda Patio, Manchester Plaza, and the Reynolda Greenroom are linked. If one is reserved, the other two may not be used at the same time.
1. This space is available for use by chartered student organizations for 25 people or less for a social gathering, 12-15 maximum for a meeting. The Garage is not to be used for regularly scheduled meetings. Faculty members may use The Garage for special class meetings (film viewing, presentations, etc). Depending on demand, every effort will be made to allow as many groups access to the space as possible.
2. A Faculty or staff advisor must be present at all events that take place in The Garage and he/she must stay for the duration of the event. An alternate advisor must be identified on the reservation form for emergency substitution, if needed. The faculty/staff member is the only person allowed to pick up and return the key for The Garage at the Benson University Center Information Desk (must leave a photo ID in exchange for the key). The key can be picked up as early as two hours prior to the event time and must be returned no later than one hour past the event end time for daytime events, and by 9:00 am the next day for evening events. You may access the Garage up to 30 minutes prior to the start time of your event.
3. It is recommended that a request to reserve The Garage be submitted at least two weeks prior to their planned event.
4. All events at The Garage must conclude by midnight unless prior arrangements have been made.
5. No alcohol or use of tobacco products is permitted on the premises.
6. All University rules apply for events at The Garage. Social rules and regulations can be found in The Student Code of Conduct.
7. Due to circumstances beyond our control, it may be necessary to bump groups from The Garage with 72 hours notice. Should this occur, we will make every effort to provide alternate event dates ASAP.
8. All groups must leave the space as they found it – clean and in order.
9. No additional furniture (rental or otherwise) may be brought in.
The President’s house is located in a residential neighborhood, so please be courteous of the neighbors and the Hatch family. Keep noise to a reasonable level. Six parking spaces are located behind the garage, with additional parking in the large parking lot to the right of the main gate.
Do not wander beyond the courtyard area.
You may play basketball outside of the Garage, and basketballs are provided.
You may bring in your own food, or use a caterer of your choice. However, no food deliveries are allowed. The Garage has a full kitchen, outdoor gas grill and fire pit.
There is no charge for the use of The Garage; however, groups will be charged for damage or failure to clean up.
For general questions, please call Leigh Myers at (336)758-2578.
All reservations are subject to final approval by President and Mrs. Hatch.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE RESERVATION POLICY.
Because the Reynolda Greenroom is a public area, reservations must be approved and restricted to events that maintain the integrity of the space. Appropriate use of the Greenroom includes receptions, press conferences, formal announcements, holiday parties and informal University events.
Other types of events, such as meetings, all day functions, dances, blood drives, fairs, concerts, lectures, and festivals will not be approved. You are encouraged to reserve space in the Benson University Center or other campus locations for these types of events.
All catering MUST be provided by Aramark (758-5610).
Student groups are not permitted to have food service of any kind in this venue.
Administration and Faculty are permitted to have standing receptions or plated meals (no buffet meals or week-day luncheon permitted).
The furniture located in the Greenroom is permanent. It may not be moved or removed.
A built in sound system is available, along with a floor podium, which is stored in the Greenroom, and secured by Aramark. Requestor will be responsible for contacting Aramark to set-up this equipment.
Requestor will be responsible for any damages or cleaning fees.
START Gallery is available for use by chartered student organizations for 50 people or less for a social gathering or meeting. Faculty members and staff may use START Gallery for special class meetings (film viewing, presentations, lectures, etc), departmental receptions, and social gatherings. Depending on demand, every effort will be made to allow as many groups access to the space as possible.
Appropriate use of the START Gallery includes receptions, holiday parties, and informal University events. Inappropriate use of the START Gallery includes regularly-scheduled meetings, all day functions, dances, fairs, and festivals. You are encouraged to reserve space in the Benson University Center for these types of events.
It is recommended that a request to reserve the START Gallery be submitted at least two weeks prior to the planned event.
A START Gallery employee (manager, work-study student, and/or intern) must be present at all events that take place in the START Gallery and he/she must stay for the duration of the event. This employee is the only person allowed access to the START Gallery key. Groups may access the START Gallery up to 30 minutes prior to the start time of their event.
Administration, faculty, staff, and student organizations may bring in their own food, or use a caterer of their choice. Standing receptions, plated meals and buffet meals are permitted.
No alcohol use is permitted on the premises during use by student organizations. All University rules apply for events at the START Gallery. Social rules and regulations can be found in The Student Handbook.
The artwork displayed in START Gallery is part of an exhibition, and therefore, should not be moved to accommodate events. If it is necessary that artwork needs to be moved (i.e. sculptural work), approval must be given and the artwork handled solely by the present START Gallery employee. Artwork should be put back in place by a START Gallery employee immediately following end of event. Fines will be assessed if artwork is moved without approval and/or damaged.
The furniture located in START Gallery is permanent, and therefore, should remain within the building. If furniture needs to be moved, approval must be given prior to confirmation of the event. Furniture should be put back in place immediately following end of event.
Additional furniture (rented or otherwise) may be brought in.
Fines will be assessed if furniture is moved without approval. Fines will also be assessed if furniture is damaged during your event.
A sound system, television monitor, and Blu-Ray disc player are available for use upon request. Approval must be given prior to confirmation of an event.
There is no charge for the use of the START Gallery; however, groups will be charged for damage or failure to clean up.
Access to the rear storage room is forbidden.
For general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All reservations are subject to final approval by START Gallery manager.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE RESERVATION POLICY
Zick’s Underground must be requested in DeaconSpace at least 14 days in advance, using the “Campus Special” request form or the “Campus Auditorium,Multipurpose,Outdoor Spaces” request form.
All events must take place during Zick’s normal hours of operation. No early openings/late closings will be allowed.
Venue Capacity: 40
Fee for Use: None, but cleaning or other fees may be charged in the event of damage or an excessive mess.
Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Wednesday 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Thursday-Saturday 11:00 AM – 2:00 AM
Only food and drink provided by Zick’s or the Wake Forest catering office may be served.
Large Screen TV with multimedia
Air Hockey Table
Soft Furniture and booths
Square Restaurant-style tables with chairs
A gaming system is available by request but must be used with staff in attendance. Contact CP&S Administrative Office at 336-758-4869 for more information.
Campus Programs & Services
Office of the Dean of Students
Box 7202 Reynolda Station
Winston-Salem, NC 27109-7202